» Twitter
» Dev. Blog
» About Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC) » AOC: Contests & more... » AOC: Leagues

Post subject: Re: 2012 2vs2 League contunuation
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2012, 17:42 
Investigator
Investigator

I was under the impression that the random placement happens once the game kicks offs. The placement you see prior is just to show who has joined. If I am wrong or if the placement is unfair I will delete the game and recreate it. If you will humor me by joining the game so I can see how the placement works, I would appreciate it.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2012, 02:08 
Knight
Knight

u are correct, players are randomly placed after the game starts. but if i recall correctly, riff required the teams be diagonally placed... so one team was teutons and tunis, the other team was france and roman sultanate. i personally didn't think that was fair, as it is very easy for teutons and tunis to gang up on france and the roman sultanate can't do anything but attack tunis.

next 2vs2 league should use a different map, europe legacy with 4 empires isn't a balanced scenario at all.

2008 - 2018

rest in anarchy

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2012, 21:32 
Investigator
Investigator

Okay, if I am right. Then I say let's see where the players are placed first and if it's an unfair placement, then we recreate the game. I see no need to recreate it now since random placement doesn't take place until the game has started turn 1.

In regards to the cross placement you talk about. It vaguely sounds familiar. Therefore, it made me look to see what realRiff's rule was on that. I could not find where realRiff stated that players should have cross placement. If anyone can find that thread where he talks about it. Then I will use that as the rule. Until then, we stick with the League rules which says:
Random Placement - (set to on for team play)

I did find where you (KingHoward) and I (fodder) agreed that the Europe Map was not balanced. However, I have to assume that realRiff overruled us and went ahead and used it anyway. With that said, I will delete the current game and recreate it if the random placement produces an unbalance team placement. We all want to see a fair and balanced placement. However, the random placement should happen first and we only intervene if the random placement produces an unbalance placement. Which means the game must be started first before it can be determined if it needs to be recreated.

In regard to Petraa76's request agreed by Huelin, for a 3 day turn mode instead of 1 day. The rules clearly state games will be set to 1 day or 24 hour turns. To maintain fairness to all those who played in previous League games. The game will be played in a 1 day turn mode. I'm not going to start changing rules this late into the League, even for just one game. You will win or lose under the same rules everyone else played under. However, since realRiff has disappeared and the league is off the schedule set by realRiff. I will allow the teams to decide for themselves, when the game should start. Therefore, if anyone is going to be away on a trip or if a upcoming holiday is going to cause you trouble in taking your turn. You can decide to wait to have the game start once the holiday has pasted or after you return from a trip. I think that is fair to all and will allow everyone a opportunity for not missing turns.

It was unanimously decided in the beginning that "Fast Turns" is not fair to all players and will not be used in any League or Tournament game. This request is denied.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2012, 06:04 
Freeman
Freeman

We know the rules. There are no random placement. Earlier it was 2 days. But I need 3 days, because I will at this time on a business trip. Or let's wait 15.11.12, and I am ready for 2 days.