» Twitter
» Dev. Blog
» About Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC) » AOC: Contests & more... » AOC: Leagues

Post subject: Re: final round in 4vs4
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2012, 21:25 
Investigator
Investigator

I have no problem with waiting a month, if MikeSA and his team agree to it. When noblemaster and I discussed this issue. We came up with a couple of solutions that we were comfortable with. It was then decided to allow the two teams to make the final decision. Since MikeSA's team is the only one responding, that puts them in the driver's seat for choosing which option.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2012, 08:18 
Peasant
Peasant

I can play. I figured out how to get it to work for Mac.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2012, 09:27 
Peasant
Peasant

!!! I was the first saying I dont want to win in 4 vs 2 way(doing 2vs2 final from a 4vs4 league beats all other **** suggestions)... !!! :happyx: vs :happyx:

But its quite **** of us(all in this topic) that all this time we waited for any input from those 2 "active" ones... And now we could end up doing a final with new players (with much higher ranking, like Petraa) and even those 2 active ones(from orignal team) wont even show up or should I say JOIN when you make a game... So WTF? So you will ask Petraa to find other 2 players??? :)

Besides... Are we joking? You are searching 2 other players to step in to play this final while those 2 dont and didnt look for any subs? They still dont even care what we write here and dont even answer your mail about it... :headbash: spanking

Make a game, leave it open for 2 weeks... Send message to Zurbrina I guess, about leting you know who other 2 players are... He probably wont even answer... 2 weeks time, game start. Lets finish this.. I am heading to give myself a break( I think that wont really happen :irre: ) from AOC for 2-3 monts now... So I dont wanna end up only one missing at the end, while other team will play with 4 players(probably 3 of them completly new). :o

Nike said it, I say it:

JUST DO IT!

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2012, 10:15 
Knight
Knight

err... :???: :irre: :roll:

2008 - 2018

rest in anarchy

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2012, 18:56 
Investigator
Investigator

err is right. Karlas, not sure what you are arguing for as you supported both sides of the discussion.

So let me summerize.
1) It's not my job to find replacement players, it's the job of the team that's short on players.
2) Petraa76 and jmaster1001 are the only ones so far who have volunteer from reading this topic.
3) The team captain (MikeSA) and you suggested that replacement players be found. So far the other team has offered no replacement players, but 2 have volunteered from reading this topic.
4) Team captain (MikeSA) has vetoed Petraa76 as a replacement players.
5) I was asked to get the game started. If I do so without replacement players it would be a 4vs2 game.
6) Therefore, I asked you your team wishes to change their vote of seeing replacement players to one of the other options, presented by me.
7) Best to my understanding no one has voted for one of the other options other than saying start the game. Once it clear to me what option the players want to play I will set it up but there's no reason to set it up if everyone wants to see replacement players. So far only 2 have stepped forwarded to volunteer and one of them has been vetoed. Both teams need to be filled so I know who all the players are so I know who to send the passwords out to and as of now one team is not full.
8.) So from my point of view it sounds like your team wants to see a 4vs4 with replacement players. So until I) that happens where replacement players are found and approved. I see no point in setting the game up without those players. Or II) if your team changes its vote for one of the other options then replacement players aren't needed but I still need to know which option so I can set the game up accordingly.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2012, 07:12 
Freeman
Freeman

In my opinion, the most fair, create a game and give month filling it in. If the players do not enter the game, then the game starts with the number that is.

P.S. I'm dangerous, as a player, and I would be against such as I, in place of the other

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2012, 10:25 
Peasant
Peasant

Ok is it only me who play simple sport games in real life or something seeing what I wrote seem so strange for you...

I never heard or seen that when someone from a team is missing, that organizer is looking to find subs for them. :???:

Its always been in this way, that a team missing some of the players will try and found subs, but in many cases, once tournament started, it never allowed to bring on subs anyway... I am okey with whatever option, I just dont want to wait any longer from a reasons I described in my last post.

Over&Out.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2012, 11:39 
Knight
Knight

not meaning to offend sir, u know i consider u a friend... but ur post was pretty strange. ur team captain opted for finding replacement players and didn't set a time requirement to find those replacement players that i can see... also, u just mentioned ur personal possible time constraints err... yesterday? fodder is going with what ur team captain decided, i don't see the strangeness in that, or in fodder's well conceived reply to ur post? hell... u confused me, and i speak fluent ranting :roll:

perhaps u could speak with mike about what u want and then he can present the clarified desires of team 2 to the league organizer? i'm sure fodder will happily try to get this thing rolling asap, but i'm sure he also wants a specific direction to roll it... :partyyy:

2008 - 2018

rest in anarchy

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 01:13 
Freeman
Freeman

Hi Kings,

Having thought about this more and discussing it with my Clan mates, I have come to the following conclusion (because we do need to conclude this).

Firstly, Fodder can you please set up the game and send the password to all the original players. Lets give 1 week for people to join.

If the other team doesn't fill up then lets see how many players they need and who is interested in taking their place.

I will not be vetoing any other players than Petraa and will play 4vs3 rather than play a game with him - I do not want to go into these reasons here, but lets just say I would NEVER join a game if Petraa was registered (and will pull out myself if he got the password to join).

This is the request from myself and my clan - all 4 players. Lets start this!

http://www.michael-quigley.com
http://www.chesspodcasts.blogspot.com
http://www.chesscomvideos.com

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 05:17 
Investigator
Investigator

Okay, I'll set it up but as you know they will be short handed so I hope there is a plan for replacement players. I'll set it up sometime today, once I have it set up I will send a PM to everyone.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 21:40 
Freeman
Freeman

I'll start working on getting a list of replacements together now!

http://www.michael-quigley.com
http://www.chesspodcasts.blogspot.com
http://www.chesscomvideos.com

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2012, 04:51 
Freeman
Freeman

What a pity I can't help win the clan Android.
However, I would like to note that pick up yourself opponents is not the best option. There is always a temptation to choose a very weak opponent. To not to turn the tournament in the show can be worth it to abandon the substitutions? To give a month to filling the game and start it, regardless of the presence of players.
In any case, the selection of the players must lead organizer on parameter rating of the candidates

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2012, 18:34 
Investigator
Investigator

The tournament has been set up. PM's have been sent out to the original 2 teams, 8 players. Note, thehypester and gobuckeyes are MIA.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 11:46 
Peasant
Peasant

Still available if needed.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012, 15:03 
Investigator
Investigator

Currently there is a total of 3 players who have joined the game. Time is ticking...
What say you, Team Captains?
Is jmaster1001 a possible candidate?
May I suggest that replacement players are added in only if they completely fill the team. There is no sense to add one player so it's 4vs3 instead of 4vs2.