» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC)

Post subject: Re: Legalization of 1v1 bet games and some kid has slandered me
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 13:51 

If we verify players again Fodder to play in the style you suggest what is to stop them going to farm coins in a different way. Just because you say to a player do it this way and no other, doesn't mean they will do it :D

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 15:17 
Investigator
Investigator

True. ;) And I wasn't saying do it this way. I was just offering suggestions for consideration.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 15:35 
Peasant
Peasant

I mean you might take in consideration all my effort to have those games as fair as possible. And everyone deserves second chance. And I promise to not create or take part in any 1v1 until we legalise them(if we legalise them). And also might take into account that arguments for unfairness of this setup is still kind of shaky. And if I try to break law, certainly such careful and hard-working moderator as Jacob will notice it right away)

And again everyone deserves second chance)

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 15:45 

Aibar i will bring it up with the other moderators in regards to giving a second chance.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 16:03 
Peasant
Peasant

I appreciate it Jacob) Thx)

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 17:11 
Peasant
Peasant

Thank you for verifying me back) As I promised I will not play any 1v1 games until they get legal. So lets continue our discussion on legalization of 1v1 bet games. I beilive that if the first pick will be given to my opponent it should be enough to legalise the setup? My opponent will even get slight advantage.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 15:16 

They are not illegal, what is against the game rules is setting up games with unfair scenarios.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2018, 18:02 
Peasant
Peasant

Jacob, where exactly unfairness in setup I wrote about in my prev post? If you cannot show it then do not call it unfair. Fodder already mentioned that this is setup which might be allowed.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2018, 00:32 

I was not referring to your scenario suggestion, I was referring to your assertion that 1 v 1 was illegal. Which it is not.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2018, 01:55 
Peasant
Peasant

You did not make it clear at all. It was after my post where I was asking about my suggestion for superfair setup which could be legalised so it was most logical to assume that you referred to it.

But anyway do moderators find the last suggested setup is fair enough to be legalised?

P.S. BTW where exactly I asserted that 1v1 is illegal?

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2018, 03:39 

The fact you said it several times :)

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2018, 03:51 
Peasant
Peasant

If you can quote at least one place where I asserted it? But probably you can't.

But don't be chicken and answer question you avoided so many times: do you find the suggested setup fair enough to be legalised? And if "no" then show any arguments which were not already answered and crushed(like all arguments you have given so far). Otherwise you just trying to prolong this discussion and create loophole from it)

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2018, 03:58 

I'm done with this conversation. You can deal with other mods in regards the issue.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2018, 04:58 
Peasant
Peasant

I am totally fine with that. You tried every sneaky trick to prolong process, avoid or ignore arguments and after I fairly answered to every your trick(while you avoided almost every my argument which all were directly referring case) you just run away because you cannot accept opinion different from yours. I spent so much time, nerves and effort to defend common sense, logic and my rights and to answer everything you threw at me. And of course after seeing all your tricks fail and unable to give any fair argument you just say "no" because you have power. Because why respect someone's rights. Because why listen to logic and common sense. Because why trying to bring value, fairness and order to AoC community from very heart while you can just act it and follow your subjective view and personal preferences and dislikes. Because why not. Because you can.

There is certain tactics which you follow consciously or unconsciously idk. And this tactics is to avoid fair arguments which people say you, to use your tricks, to make people so angry at you for your ignorance and unfairness so they rightfully curse you and you have excuse to punish/silence/ban them. I told that to many players including very respected ones. And every who had to deal with you answered all like one that I am so right about it. You don't have very good reputation, do you? I am just glad that I had patience to not be caught by Jacob's baits so far.

There is certain kind of people. If such person for example beilives that Earth is flat then you can't persuade him in opposite. You can tell him, speak to him, explain, shout and shake but it will not change his opinion. You can give him all proves and arguments, you can make circular navigation with this person, you can even take him to space and show Earth he always will find tricks to not agree with you or if he can't find trick then he will tell you shut up and go away. Is it good idea to give such person power and let him judge people? Idk. Is Jacob such person? Idk. People will decide for themselves.

At least I find some relief from that people can see and judge what kind of person Jacob is from this discussion. And if they had any illusions they won't anymore.

And I am very sorry to everyone that I went to persons but I have to. Someone has to.

Jacob is the most influential moderator. He is mod for many years almost very beginning of AoC I guess. He is also officer. But most importantly Jacob spends more time online then any other mod which means that there is like 90% probability that the first mod who reacts to your case/request will be Jacob.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2018, 11:21 
Investigator
Investigator

aibar wrote:
Thank you for verifying me back) As I promised I will not play any 1v1 games until they get legal. So lets continue our discussion on legalization of 1v1 bet games. I beilive that if the first pick will be given to my opponent it should be enough to legalise the setup? My opponent will even get slight advantage.

aibar - first to answer your request of Jacob to quote you. Here above you can see you said: "1v1 games until they get legal". In that statement you were implying the game 1v1 was illegal. You then re-enforced that statement by saying: "continue our discussion on legalization of 1v1", once again implying that 1v1 was illegal. In the end you did say: "legalise the setup". So - I know what you meant but technically didn't state it clearly. So from a technical point of view of logic and grammar, Jacob is correct in his statement.

From reading your replies I am under the assumption that English is not your native language. However, you communicate well enough that I knew what you meant or what you were trying to say. Perhaps having lived overseas has provided me with a better insight as to what people are attempting to communicate. From my point of view you and Jacob had a misunderstanding over communication. Either of you were wrong in what you said, just the interpretation of it. Therefore, I do not believe Jacob was trying to trick you in anyway.

Lastly, and I hope Jacob takes no offense by me sharing this. I became a moderator back when the game was called: Aevum Obscurum (AO) and I was a moderator for AO, Age of Conquest (AoC), AoCII, AoCIII and left shortly after AoCIV came out. Jacob joined me as a moderator back during AoCIII, so I've known him for a period of time. The fact that he has been a moderator since AoCIII and the many years of AoCIV, his activity with the game, putting a lot of time into the game, and in your own words is the most likely moderator to respond. Should tell you that he is dedicated to the game and is committed to making it a fun and fair gaming environment for people to play in. I've seen many moderators come and go in my time. We (moderators) catch all kinds of gripe from players. It's not an easy job and it's a job that comes with a certain amount of grief. So instead of getting up in his face and accusing him of trickery and questioning his reputation. Give him some respect for his time and commitment to the game, even if you are in disagreement with what he says. You can at least acknowledge his willingness to address your concerns in a polite and respectful manner.

On a final note, I don't find fault with Jacob even if you decide to claim he was being to technical with what was said to you. And I find no fault in you for not understanding what Jacob stated. If the two of you aren't willing to be more understanding of what is being said or implied within the statements. Then I suggest you do as Jacob did and walk away from the conversation and have another moderator step in.