» Twitter
» Dev. Blog
» About Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

We have moved to /r/NobleMaster on Reddit...

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC) » AOC: Contests & more... » AOC: Leagues

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Curare's Clan League
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 03:10 
Merchant
Merchant

GOOD NEWS!

The first games are already underway, this is exciting! :partyyy:

So, let us focus on everyone, who has supported this event, rather than on those, who try to block it :happyx:

Let's hear from you guys about your fights! :pal:

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 03:39 
Knight
Knight

i think it's unfortunate that a clan has been booted for what seems to me as a trivial disagreement with a non-involved player... and i agree with texasreb, more conflicts are likely - who's going to pay the piper when they do happen? now i'm all excited about what happens next, this is the best soap opera since the star empire! :partyyy:

but... to play devil's advocate (and create more chaos if possible) - this is Curare's Clan League, he paid for it, that gives him discretion... so the haters should just zip it and take ur :bananaxxx: like men!

2008 - 2018

rest in anarchy

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2018, 22:42 
Merchant
Merchant

All incomplete games will be started regardless on Thursday, March 22nd, to avoid auto-deletion of the games and also to get going!

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2018, 18:07 
Serf
Serf

I just read everything and i saw curare pointing a problem and asking for the member to be put out of the clan.

After that i saw him asking only for an apology.

I saw the other clan saying it was unfair the expel proposition of his member (ok)

Than i saw they verified that the problem pointed out happened (not assuming it was intended by his member).

After that, I didnt saw an apology request.

I dont need to point fingers on anyone or see any kind of proof to figure that an apolgy request would be the polite way to behave.

I never saw the guy that blocked the thing (intenttionally or not) come here and say "hey, my bad, sorry".

it seems to me that your clan made a wall around him. He cant say things by himself?

Anyway. now the games started and curare made his decision.

I expect and hope people play this game to have fun. This is a war game. If we turn someone into an enemie just cause we killed or lost to him, man, my entire clan would be my enemies, cause i had some games that i fought them...... and it is all ok

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2018, 20:56 
Merchant
Merchant

Please participate in the POLL!

Also: All UPDATES can be found in the first post of this thread!

Thank you (:

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018, 00:13 

What if I wouldn't like even final? League is league.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018, 00:56 
Merchant
Merchant

In that case I would like to point out that there can be some unfair variation due to collusion (one clan supporting another, i.e. intentionally losing etc) or inactivity (some clans are not playing with 5 players in all games; afk's).

All of those scenarios could occur and should not lead to one clan winning over another.

So the playoffs will make sure that everyone can verify their strength or improve/impair their initial league outcome.

If you still don't like it, then you may as well just forfeit your games. That would be a pity, but it's also an option for you.

And just to remind you:
A variation of playoffs was always part of this event (even if it's just the final). So it has never been a 'straight league' in that regard to begin with.

(:

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018, 08:30 
Peasant
Peasant

curare wrote:
And just to remind you:
A variation of playoffs was always part of this event (even if it's just the final). So it has never been a 'straight league' in that regard to begin with.

(:

There's another league structure for ya. All clans fight eachother 2 or even 4 times, no playoffs ^^

But seriously, I think the setup is amazing, and it's been a while since I've been this active in AoC. I could even see it evolving into e.g a ranking scenario, where clans start 2 games a week in either a rotation or against similarly ranked clans, and it just goes on for however long ppl keeps participating.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018, 09:02 
Merchant
Merchant

Great to hear that! (:

The thought of playing each duel twice, with alternating sides, has always been present for the case of the scenario turning out to be imbalanced.

So far I have not had a single comment about that and from my own experience I can also say that it seems pretty even.

If such issues should occur (and not just because of deserved losses), playing a second leg would always be the way out.

But as of now I think that there is no harm done by having to play from a certain side. (:

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018, 09:57 
Merchant
Merchant

Petraa has suggested that the higher seeded clan within each playoff duel gets to choose the preferred side.

I like that idea!

It makes being successful during the league mode even more rewarding.

I will implement it, unless there are significant objections (:

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2018, 10:18 
Serf
Serf

well, the games are faster than we all imagine, i think.

so, the idea of quarterfinals and semifinals is good.

i still think the side should be randonly choosed for quarterfinals, semifinals and final match.

I would be good on a 2 game agaisnt each clan pre quarterfinals. playing at the other side....

both sides have good strategies, but i still think east have advantage.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2018, 13:25 
Merchant
Merchant

Video request from Prestige:

https://streamable.com/vzscj

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2018, 05:58 

10 teams i think. so i thounk you should do this (Champions league style) Top 4 teams v Top 4 bottom teams which are made random. it make good players v Bad players. My suggestion :motz: banana

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2018, 21:51 
Peasant
Peasant

Greeting everyone!

I have been silenced in-game by Emperor Heinzy for this message in the board and I quote myself: "Roman Army is mathmatically eliminated already" This was an answer to Curare's post about CCL fixtures and was just the assumption of a CCL fact, not a negative inflexion towards noone.

I am being personally persecuted by Emp. Heinzy because:
1st: I left his clan a few months ago and formed another
2nd: I've posted a message regarding his clan (it could have been another, but coincidentally was his clan)

I believe moderators should be impartial and not protecting their personal interests in the game. When one moderator is out of control the comunity should put him in his place.

He doesnt silence people for posting several insults in Russian in the board as it often happens, in this case with me he's clearly overusing his powers.

I ask you all to paste this message on the board: "Ocsav has been unfairly silenced"

The community and other moderators must know what's happening here otherwise this kind of persecution could become customary and the comunity would be hurt!

Remember what you've read in the April's fool joke? That moderator agreement was the one they receive when they become moderators and it specifically tells them to not overuse powers and don't seek personal interests.

Long live Age of Conquerors comunity and CCL league

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2018, 02:28 
Merchant
Merchant

I read your message board post and you were merely stating a fact there. No foul language or even any kind of attack toward someone.

A member of their clan even replied in a friendly manner.

If that post was the reason for your treatment, then it is unjust.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next