» Twitter
» Dev. Blog
» About Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Games » Age of Conquest (AOC) » AOC: Contests & more... » AOC: Leagues

Post subject: Re: 9 voices need to change team settings. Only particpants (20)
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 01:43 
Knight
Knight

how about a more balanced map for 2vs2 next time? Legacy Europe is not even close to being a balanced map, and the required diagonal placement makes it even worse. i actually planned for it, but i was getting double teamed by turn 3. why wouldn't it be France/Tunis against Teutons/Romans? or Tunis/Romans against France/Teutons? i don't understand this diagonal placement requirement, it put's France in a horrible spot and France is a bad spot to begin with! so far this league has disappointed me in countless ways. that's just too bad, i'd hoped this would be fun :/

random placement would've been nice as well... whoever picks first get's an immediate advantage. which isn't exactly a fair system in my opinion.

2008 - 2018

rest in anarchy

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 07:18 
Investigator
Investigator

This is all possible. It's obvious to me that this would not be a balanced map. I said so for the 1vs1 league. I'm totally clueless why I didn't say it for the 2vs2 league. Perhaps I was going under the assumption that if I said it for one it was implied for the other leagues.

I knew revisiting the League was going to have it's start up problems, especially in the short time that it was done in. RealRiff did a good job in that short time. I was expecting fewer problems than what we had but as we run head first into these problem. I'm hopeful that they will be solved for next years tourney.

No, no, no, random placement would have made things worse. A team of noobies could win the tournament if they hit a lucky streak of good placements. Most of the time random = bad when you talk about a fair, competitive event. However, random does has it's place in certain circumstances but I don't think this would have been one of them.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 14:00 
Knight
Knight

cool... so basically we can call this year's attempt at a league a dismal failure? great!!! i'm sure lot's of peeps can't wait till next year!!! don't bother trying to fix it! if u got effed this year u'll just have to accept it. that's how this league rolls!

go ahead and remove me from the 4vs4... this league has been nothing but bs from day 1 and it's obviously not going to improve any time soon. i have better things to do with my time than get screwed over by a crappily organized league.

2008 - 2018

rest in anarchy

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012, 21:17 
Investigator
Investigator

KingHowardII wrote:
cool... so basically we can call this year's attempt at a league a dismal failure? great!!! i'm sure lot's of peeps can't wait till next year!!! don't bother trying to fix it! if u got effed this year u'll just have to accept it. that's how this league rolls!

go ahead and remove me from the 4vs4... this league has been nothing but bs from day 1 and it's obviously not going to improve any time soon. i have better things to do with my time than get screwed over by a crappily organized league.

That's not what I said. I said it wasn't perfect and it had its problems. Over all there was more positives than negatives. I would say it was a good first attempt. Not sure what crawled up your (@) but you are entitled to your opinion for what it's worth. If it's not being done your way, doesn't make it the wrong way. In addition no one is twisting your arm to join so why the attitude?

PostPosted: 21 May 2012, 11:10 
Knight
Knight

doesn't matter, it appears things are rolling smooth now and that's what does matter. there were some kinks along the way but i got to applaud Riff and fodder for working through them :partyyy:

2008 - 2018

rest in anarchy

PostPosted: 22 May 2012, 12:38 
Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for your applause. The League hasn't been without it's problems. Hopefully, we have learned from them and made the right adjustments along the way.

With some of the Leagues approaching their final rounds. Let's hear the Pros and Cons so far so changes can be discussed for next year.