» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Miscellaneous » Rants and Raves + Clan Talk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2007, 14:45 
Knight
Knight

it ain't me is it? :???:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2007, 00:43 
Mercenary
Mercenary

nah, i think it�s a 24 h game... ;)

it�s wils. if he allows it we will watch out for him. we don�t want him no harm... so far... :streichel:

@ roadkill: we have some serious me-map fans in our clan!

��ur ver�ld steypisk,
mun engi matr
��rum �yrma.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2007, 23:44 
Peasant
Peasant

Thanks for the offer Bolder. I accept it.
( even if gods of war need to be minimum 5, to hope harm a pig.. ) :handy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2007, 14:23 
Merchant
Merchant

hey, i've recently started and would like to join ur guys' clan, i'v played many games with Shiz1 and he suggested i join, i like the way he plays, and i guess the rest of you guys play similarly. I hope to be a viking!
(btw i'm from belarus, so i guess i could count as being occupied by a scandinavian country; russia was started by the vikings) :^^:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2007, 21:52 
Peasant
Peasant

don't do this petrpetr17..
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007, 06:55 
Knight
Knight

Well, I finally managed to wander my way in here.. Partly at Bolder's urging and partly to make an apology.

Shiz, I hadn't realised that when you made that comment about a potential clan mate, you were talking about this clan. My apologies, no hard feelings hm? I'll send you an alliance request next turn.

I don't quite fit in the Vikings from any kind of hereditary standpoint. I'm American born with 100% Polish heritage, and proud of it. But I can tell talent and good teammates when I see them.

So what do you say? Add me to the clan? :barb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007, 08:34 
Knight
Knight

Heya Lucjan, do you happen to be the same Lucjan that visits the Totalwar.org forums?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007, 10:18 
Knight
Knight

The one and only. All others are simply jealous. :kg:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2007, 02:00 
Knight
Knight

We are for now, not taking any more members until futher notice. We have become quite a few fast and want to get to know each other a bit better before we lett anybody else join the clan.

Sorry if this is a inconvenience for anybody.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2007, 12:11 
Knight
Knight

Well the Vikings have come up with some ethics rules that will apply for all Vikings and is what other players can expect of us :D

This code is meant to clearly communicate the battlefield ethics of the Viking Clan to all those playing with us, both as allies and as enemies. This code will lay out what you can expect from our Clan members.

We will limit ourselves to 2 clan members per game. We think any more could upset the balance of the game and make it less enjoyable for Mains and new players. If another clan has entered 3 members in a game, we will consider adding a third as well. If another clan has entered more than 3 members, we will not participate.

Certain clans are considered to be friendly allies of ours. We will always weigh the presence of those other clan members when deciding if our own presence in a game is too strong and risks altering the balance of a single game.

We ally with other Vikings from the start in every standard game. However, we do not consider a declaration of war against one Viking as a declaration of war against all.

In team games, we fight for our team, regardless of who is on it.

We will respond to every formal and informal ally request. If a Viking lacks the MPs, he will use the board. Players that do not answer our formal and informal ally requests are considered foes.

We honor informal ally requests. If another player violates such a commitment made to us, however, the violator may be subject to attack from other vikings. The cancelation of solidified alliances according to the ethics of our code will be understood and not held against any player, but a breach in a player's word is a breach in their trust. This will be considered in future games.

We honor our alliances to the best of our ability according to this code. However, it must be noted and understood that stalemates often occur in the later stages of the game because we are allied to all the remaining players. If this occurs, we may cancel an alliance with another player in order to work towards ending the game. This player will be notified of the reason via pm or the board, as with all other cancellations.

We do not attack empires that are crippled, much smaller or already overwhelmed by foes. We will defend clan mates under such an attack and may even defend empires that are under attack by a much larger foe by canceling alliances with the aggressor. A "crippled empire" does not include a player who we have been at war with and subsequently reduced to such a size. A "crippled empire" does include a player who has been drastically reduced in size by another who they are already at war with.

If the game is stalemated, we may attack smaller empires if it allows us to finish the game without substantially dropping the finishing rank of the empire.

We do not suicide our kings into our clan mates. If an enemy chooses to do this in a game, we may cancel our alliances with both the enemy and the player to whom the king was suicided.

We will show mercy to defeated foes who ask for it by leaving them a single province where he can survive with his king. The only exceptions to this rule will be in cases where the war involves a response to a violation of this code, the player has not shown mercy to Vikings in the past, or if the last province is needed to end a game.

We limit our response to other players' actions to the game in which the action occurred. That is, if you cancel with us in one game, we will not attack you in every game. However, if a player repeats such actions frequently or breaches their given word, then we may act against that player in all games.

We want good, friendly relations with all clans and all players. Those who feel the same are welcome at our forum, and we assume everyone plays with goodwill unless they prove otherwise.

We welcome new clans, and sometimes assist in their development. Newcomers are welcome to visit our forum and ask for our advice. Just be aware any assistance we provide is done in the spirit of helping launch a new clan, and does not mean the clan or any of us will give you special treatment in games.

We are always open to fair and just criticism. If there is any player with a valid complaint regarding our tactics or ethics, and would like to discuss it, they are welcome to do so on our forum where we have a special thread set up for this purpose.

We do not restrict recruiting to only those with high ratings. We recruit on a personal basis. Though the doors are closed at this point in time, we encourage those who are seeking a place among us to visit our forum, learn more about us, and give us the opportunity to learn more about you. This will be a long process, but some believe it is worth it and we most certainly agree.

We present this code not to impose it on others, but simply to make everyone aware of how we will conduct ourselves in our games. We respect the right of everyone to play as they wish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2007, 12:50 
Knight
Knight

Well done, and well stated. You could probably make exceptions to rule 1 though, at DDL we only eve limited ourselves to 3, and in large games (like on th 55 map) we'd even go 4. Unfortunately these days we're lucky to muster 1.

.............Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2007, 13:17 
Mercenary
Mercenary

thanx, tl. but we found that a lot of players considered games to be unbalanced when we entered with three viks. (i guess we should feel honoured... ;) )

��ur ver�ld steypisk,
mun engi matr
��rum �yrma.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2007, 20:54 
Merchant
Merchant

I think that almost all old players have a similar code in mind.
I would make a similar one to my clan but I think only panter92 and me read the forum so I won't do it.
Probably 3 in a 55 empires game is OK.
I am losing interest in individual rating (not to say clan one) which is volatile. Almost my games now are unrated where I get know new players and essay new tactics and I prefer to concentrate my efforts in tourneys. Once you win one, you can't loss it =)

:kg: :kg: :kg:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 01:44 
Knight
Knight

ever thought about making your own site alop :D it might help on the communication in the clan and add a some extra feelings towards the game :D it did for us at least :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 04:21 
Freeman
Freeman

Yeah, we have lots of fealings? did I spell that right? :barb: :kg:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next