Wodan

Former members:
bimbobomb
petrpetr17

Clan Forum
http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/index ... um=vikings

Clan Flag

Clan Ethics:

This code is meant to clearly communicate the battlefield ethics of the Viking Clan to all those playing with us, both as allies and as enemies. This code will lay out what you can expect from our Clan members.

We will limit ourselves to 2 clan members per game. We think any more could upset the balance of the game and make it less enjoyable for Mains and new players. If another clan has entered 3 members in a game, we will consider adding a third as well. If another clan has entered more than 3 members, we will not participate.

Certain clans are considered to be friendly allies of ours. We will always weigh the presence of those other clan members when deciding if our own presence in a game is too strong and risks altering the balance of a single game.

We ally with other Vikings from the start in every standard game. However, we do not consider a declaration of war against one Viking as a declaration of war against all.

In team games, we fight for our team, regardless of who is on it.

We will respond to every formal and informal ally request. If a Viking lacks the MPs, he will use the board. Players that do not answer our formal and informal ally requests are considered foes.

We honor informal ally requests. If another player violates such a commitment made to us, however, the violator may be subject to attack from other vikings. The cancelation of solidified alliances according to the ethics of our code will be understood and not held against any player, but a breach in a player's word is a breach in their trust. This will be considered in future games.

We honor our alliances to the best of our ability according to this code. However, it must be noted and understood that stalemates often occur in the later stages of the game because we are allied to all the remaining players. If this occurs, we may cancel an alliance with another player in order to work towards ending the game. This player will be notified of the reason via pm or the board, as with all other cancellations.

We do not attack empires that are crippled, much smaller or already overwhelmed by foes. We will defend clan mates under such an attack and may even defend empires that are under attack by a much larger foe by canceling alliances with the aggressor. A "crippled empire" does not include a player who we have been at war with and subsequently reduced to such a size. A "crippled empire" does include a player who has been drastically reduced in size by another who they are already at war with.

If the game is stalemated, we may attack smaller empires if it allows us to finish the game without substantially dropping the finishing rank of the empire.

We do not suicide our kings into our clan mates. If an enemy chooses to do this in a game, we may cancel our alliances with both the enemy and the player to whom the king was suicided.

We will show mercy to defeated foes who ask for it by leaving them a single province where he can survive with his king. The only exceptions to this rule will be in cases where the war involves a response to a violation of this code, the player has not shown mercy to Vikings in the past, or if the last province is needed to end a game.

We limit our response to other players' actions to the game in which the action occurred. That is, if you cancel with us in one game, we will not attack you in every game. However, if a player repeats such actions frequently or breaches their given word, then we may act against that player in all games.

We want good, friendly relations with all clans and all players. Those who feel the same are welcome at our forum, and we assume everyone plays with goodwill unless they prove otherwise.

We welcome new clans, and sometimes assist in their development. Newcomers are welcome to visit our forum and ask for our advice. Just be aware any assistance we provide is done in the spirit of helping launch a new clan, and does not mean the clan or any of us will give you special treatment in games.

We are always open to fair and just criticism. If there is any player with a valid complaint regarding our tactics or ethics, and would like to discuss it, they are welcome to do so on our forum where we have a special thread set up for this purpose.

We do not restrict recruiting to only those with high ratings. We recruit on a personal basis. Though the doors are closed at this point in time, we encourage those who are seeking a place among us to visit our forum, learn more about us, and give us the opportunity to learn more about you. This will be a long process, but some believe it is worth it and we most certainly agree.

We present this code not to impose it on others, but simply to make everyone aware of how we will conduct ourselves in our games. We respect the right of everyone to play as they wish.

This is the original message here (Just wanted the data on top):

Hello.
I was thinking about starting a clan.
The name would be Vikings and as a banner we could use the "Viking Flag" named The Raven: Heres some versions of it:

http://www.allstates-flag.com/fotw/imag ... _raven.gif
http://www.anyflag.com/history/raven.gif

But this last one is not a real one http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/banners.shtml according to the lady, so I guess the first is the best.

It should be a small clan, around 10 members, and it sure would be nice if some of you guys (that I usually play with) would be intrested.

Another thought is to make the clan an all Scandinavian clan. So that the name Vikings does mean something.

If we don't get enough people we could maybe look past that if they come from an country that was under a viking rule once :) or if they are very good or if we just like the fellas. That was a lot of or ifs :irre:

Well a little about me. I'm soon to be 30 and I just became a student, :hilfe: trying to be a computer engineer. I don't feel very old and my main interests are my girlfriend, computers, traveling, AO and a bit of chess and poker. Well more about that later if someones intrested.

If you like the idea, the game and maybe some clan fights post a reply.

Allan

Last edited by AZeth on 26 Feb 2011, 08:58, edited 15 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2007, 11:16 
Freeman
Freeman

So you're AZeth! I wondered who that was on the "earth" map. I think you'll think twice than to attack nations twice your size in the future. lol

:P

Lord-RK

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2007, 11:40 
Knight
Knight

Yeah I might or maybe I'll use more men :barb: its all good any way. But I have learned somethings since I tried that hopeless attack :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2007, 11:43 
Mercenary
Mercenary

@ lord roadkill: i hope not. a viking knows no fear!! :barb:

azeth, i�m actually german, but i�d love to join your clan. (do i hv to be full scale member to join?). what about being married to a swedish wife? does that count? since my wife is swedish and my son is half swedish we are after all a semi-scandinavian family!

oh, and not to forget... the gods of our people have been the same (u just gave them funnier names...) :eg:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2007, 11:51 
Knight
Knight

Hi there Bolder. Yeah you can join. I was actually hoping you would see this or I would have hinted a bit like JOIN MY CLAN ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2007, 11:59 
Mercenary
Mercenary

yesssss! :jump:

do i hv to b member of AO to join a clan? i�m sure i�ll upgrade someday, but i�d rather win the next tourney! :mg:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2007, 12:04 
Knight
Knight

Good then we are two.

Leder Allan (AZeth) self nominated

Second in command Bolder

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2007, 12:07 
Knight
Knight

I don't think so. But I have to check with the forums :) 3 more people and we have a clan

Do any body else know this :hilfe:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2007, 12:38 
Knight
Knight

Nah, 2 will make a clan as well, it's just that the more people the more fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2007, 13:09 
Knight
Knight

@Stig: Oh so we are allowed to start a clan. I thought I read that it was a min 5 person. But If you allow us to register :gott: I'm sure we will get some more people as they see how well we do :)

@Bolder: You don't have to be a full member :kg: as long as I'm Leader :p

http://www.squadra.ch/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8146#8146

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2007, 13:26 
Knight
Knight

Well yeah according to Ducks post it is 5 yes, as that would be nice for the Clan League (if that ever gets started), but then that post is almost as old as AO. If you can't start your clan with only 2 players you will forget about it and give up. Just start your clan and start recruiting some players ingame.

Post subject: A Work In Progress
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2007, 02:23 
Knight
Knight

Clan Name
Vikings

Clan Leader
Allan (AZeth) self nominated

Clan Members
Allan
Bolder

Clan Forum (A Work In Progress)
http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/index ... um=vikings

Clan Flag

Well its a start, but I'm open to suggestions
@ Bolder, what do you think :???:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2007, 08:04 
Mercenary
Mercenary

i like it. since u came up with the idea (and since u are the only scandinavian in our clan so far) it�s only fair that u are leader.
however, u know that once in a while a real chieftain has to prove he�s worthy! :kg: but for now u can consider yourself nominated by the whole clan... :2thumbs:

do you know any more northern europeans in AO? i found one silversmith from uppsala in the forum, but i don�t know whether he�s still active. :???: maybe i can convince my brother in law to join AO, but he�s more into w.o.w. and battlefield...

i saw some swedish sounding names ingame. let�s see how they perform and send them a message during a match!

:prost:

looking forward to play as a viking clan member! (btw. u know any online-hnefatafl-competitions? :roll: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2007, 08:48 
Knight
Knight

Bolder I got no idea what a online-hnefatafl-competitions is, but it don't sound good. I'll kick its as :barb:

Yeah I've been looking for some other scandinavians around. I think I've played with a few. I have to keep an open eye tomorrow when I'm in game. So please do recruit some if you can :kg:

Do you have any idea how to set up a forum. I have never done that before. It's gonna end up a **** looking if you or someone else helps :hilfe:

Well I'm of to a party :p will be looking in tomorrow. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2007, 08:56 
Mercenary
Mercenary

u r asking the wrong guy! i�m not familiar with creating web pages. let�s hope we�ll find someone more ... modern.

please check ur pm, i had some questions.

oh and hnefatafl was a viking game, a little bit like chess. i bought one in Bergen two summers ago, but i hardly ever play, because my german friends think it ****... well, maybe they�re right.