» Retro Commander

Multiplayer Forums

Board index » Forum Organization » Announcements

Post subject: Cheaters in AOC
PostPosted: 31 Mar 2011, 00:05 
Freeman
Freeman

Hi Fodder, :hilfe:
I wrote u about a guy who cheated me in 1o1 game. His name is Johnefallis. He kicked me out of the game like 15 times so i couldnt complete my turns. I always got kicked when i was on the way to win. So he kicked me and the screen apeared spanking , Fault - network not reacting.

Please dont tell me that i could be a network failure. I got only got kicked out spanking when i was leading again with provs. This guy :kg: droped me really like 15 times.. and a the end - he win by overhelming me with military because i couldnt make my turns every second round. This game had over 35 rounds.

Now please explain me, how I can get kicked out only when I was leading? In this like 15 Times!!! Why the there was no network failure when he was leading?

Players like johnefallis destroys the spirit of aoc und make unatractive, especially when u play 1o1 matches. becasuse there u can cheat and nobody can prove it.

U can use Ip tracers or what else any hacking tools - to harm
your opponent. and they make everything clean because this dont appears in the log data.

Those guys who do such things, are definatly also using different logins with rook names, not to show their real idnenty what is cheating already.
I am not a freak :irre: and i lost already more then 400 rating points by 1o1 cheaters. I complained to you before. And Johnfallis is definitly not a player - who can beat me in 1o1.

Why i have to prove, that somebody is cheating. I pay money to get a nice game with a fair network - which should be secure for us all.

My opinion is kick all cheaters and double nick users - to make aoc playable for fair gameplay. :partyyy: :partyyy: :partyyy: :partyyy:

I was aok players before , there many pros stopped playing because to many guys hacked. Microsoft gaming zone uptaded, regulary. It hadnt any use.

What is your oppinion ? :roll: Is there a solution?
And what is about the disappearing rounds - is it a bug or hack?

No??? :crazy:

Ok lets play- who cares it goes on as it go always do. :headbash:

Thats the reason we are Humans - even in world of warcraft u can cheat - which has a very high security level.

:x :headbash: :crazy: lets play

regards to all

realRiff

Post subject: Re: Cheaters in AOC
PostPosted: 31 Mar 2011, 01:51 
Knight
Knight

err... i don't think ur opponent is cheating simply becuz - it is not possible for another player to kick u out of a game!!! doesn't matter how u view the timing of ur "kickouts", it isn't possible.

sounds like ur either having connection stability issues or cpu issues. u may want to contact ur internet provider or check ur cpu for malware/spyware/adware/etc... :happyx:

note: i'm mostly a contest organizer now, but i served as a cheat investigator for a while. i've seen just about every possible way to cheat, the problem u had with johnefallis (and jhinton a few weeks ago) is not hacking or cheating :partyyy:

http://www.cafepress.com/kingslayerdesigns

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2011, 04:18 
Freeman
Freeman

thanx for ur reply King Howard.

but this was kind of reply i expected. I play with mobile, and its stable, very stable, i played almost 200 hundred games.

And the game i had with the player mentioned before, didnt had disappearing rounds.

1.I got kicked definitly, its hard for u to agree to this case, because u didnt saw it. next time i will record no problem.

2. if there wouldnt be cheating on aoc there wouldnt be an investigation team. no egg, no chicken.

3. nothing is impossible.

I for myself and for all other players who get cheated in 1o1 should record this cheating via video, and sent it to the investigation team. I really like AOC, as u all.

Cheating destroys the game. :happyx:

Regards

Riff

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2011, 04:46 
Knight
Knight

realRiff wrote:
Cheating destroys the game. :happyx:

i agree :gott:

i use a mobile device myself, along with a pc... this problem ur having is exclusive to u. nobody else i know of is getting hacked. is it impossible - i guess not, but ur theory of being solely targeted by some mysterious cheater/hacker is highly improbable. does cheating happen - of course! i never stated it didn't! but ur not having a cheater issue, ur having a device or connection issue :D

u can send fodder a log (and ur video if u get it) to aocinvestigations@hotmail.com and that will greatly help to try and identify ur problem. ur explanations of ur problems here are vague and hard to understand?!? that doesn't help! :happyx:

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2011, 13:39 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Unfortunately, the bottom line is that we need proof of his cheating! If he is truly cheating, we will find out how and put a stop to it. But there's really nothing we can do without evidence...

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2011, 20:46 
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Riff,

Let me start off by saying you've asked me to explain how this can happen. To be honest I don't have a good answer for you and I've been giving this a lot of thought so I could give you a reasonable answer but I just can't right now.

I have also asked other staff members for their insight into this. We are all in agreement that we don't see any evidence of cheating going on.

It's been a long, long time since I've tried to hack anything. Giving it some thought, I have some ideas of how I might go about hacking the game but since I'm not a Java or Mobile device programmer, I don't know what kind of security features are built into them. So, yes it might be possible to hack the game. However, I asked the game designer and he told me this isn't possible. Therefore, I have to defer to his knowledge and tell you that's it's not likely he or anyone hacked it.

Regarding the network. I'm glad to hear your have a good network connection. I have a good connection too and high speed cable. However, I have experienced problems over time. The problems could be anything from my local router, to the DNS, to any rely server in route, heavy traffic, dropped packets, etc., etc. if I have problems from time to time and if you're playing on a mobile device then I can not rule out the possibility that you may experience network problems from time to time too. However, I will take your word that your problem is not network related but I'm not going to rule it out.

The person you accused is an average player. If he was cheating his rating wouldn't be average and he most likely wouldn't limit his cheating to only you unless you know him personally or for some reason he has it in for you.

So - let's try to figure this out then.
1) Are you currently in any games with the player: johnefallis?
2) Are the games always 1vs1, ie 2 player games?
3) Are the games always in the mobile realm?
4) What is the turn mode, duration the turns are set to?
5) Does the problem always happen on the same map?
6) Does the problem always happen in the same scenario?
7) What city/country are you connecting to the game from?
8 ) Do you get the problem only from a mobile device?
9) Have you tired seeing if you can reproduce the problem from a computer?
10) What OS version are you running the game on?
11) What version number of AoC are you running?
12) What is your quest? :D

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2011, 22:12 
Game Developer
Game Developer

There are checks in place on the server which ensure that impossible actions are not executed. They are simply rejected. Hacking the data packages will do you no good.

Some checks that are on the server:
- always check if enough money when buying units/etc
- check if move from A to B possible
- make sure enough moves point left to execute move

Is it possible that the scenario that you played was manipulated? What map/scenario?

Quote:
if there wouldnt be cheating on aoc there wouldnt be an investigation team. no egg, no chicken.
The cheating team investigates players with multiple accounts that use those accounts to gain an unfair advantage/increase their rating/etc. Basically anything that cannot be done by software/hardware.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2011, 22:56 
Freeman
Freeman

Hi Fodder,
:hilfe:
1) nope, this was the first game i saw him.
2) the games have been always 1o1s
3) yes
4) unlimited turns
5) europe duell (all standard)
6) never happened to me what johnefallis did.... i am not paranoid he kicked me always when i fought him back.. and i got again overhand over the game
7) germany
8 ) yes
9) sorry i didnt had this idea - good point
10) Android 2.2 froyo
11) AOC version 1.0.32
12) thanx :gott:

I played last night jhinton2822 he came in my 1o1 game, there wasnt any problem this time, about disappearing rounds. "He told me Riff, if i win this time again, dont cry this time." lol. :(

I didnt cry.

Regards
Riff

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 02:39 
Knight
Knight

5. i've played all 3 europe duels, and the europe (legacy) duel... never had a problem with any of them. i used both a droid and a pc in those duels (played about 20 of them), so i don't think map/scenario is the problem

10. i have a Droid2 2.2 with a very reliable network... but on a rare occasion i have had connectivity issues. very rare - but it does happen. can't recall ever being 'kicked' though?!?

11. download update 1.0.33 (released March 27), though that probably isn't the problem either?!?

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 07:07 
Investigator
Investigator

Hi realRiff,

4) I meant how long are the turns, 5 mins, 1hr, 1 day, 2 days, etc....

Also roughly when (what time) do you usually play your games? If you can give me a name of a game. I might try to login to watch if the time is good for me. And if I can't then maybe someone else on the staff can watch for bugs/problems/cheats.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2011, 15:16 
Freeman
Freeman

Hi Riff.
Hast du Arcor als provider? Seit einigen Wochen haben die Probleme bei der Datenübermittlung im Mobilnetz, das koennte die Ursache sein. Zeitweise habe ich SMS und mails übers Mobilnetz von Arcor erst 18 Std. spaeter erhalten. Ich kann das allerdings nur fuer den Raum Norddeutschland sagen, 200km Umkreis von HH. Ich selbst bin bei Alice, habe aber mit allen anderen providern keine Probleme. Vielleicht hilft dir das ja.

Do you have a provider Arcor? For some weeks you have to be problems with data transmission in mobile network, which could be the cause. At times I have received SMS and mails via mobile network just 18 hours later by Arcor. I can only say for the space Northern Germany, 200 km radius of HH. I myself am with Alice, but with all other providers, no problems. Maybe this will help you.