Multiplayer Hub Logo  
  Powered by Noble Master Games, http://www.noblemaster.com Multiplayer Dragon
  Forums Twitter Dev. Blog ⊕  
Home > Forums

MultiplayerHub.com
» Forums|New Posts
» Twitter
» Dev. Blog
» About
» Contact Us
Showcase
» Age of Conquest
» Demise of Nations
» Retro Commander

































Multiplayer Forums


Board index » Forum Organization » Announcements


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Justinian the Great
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2010, 07:20 
Peasant
Peasant

Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 04:09
Posts: 20
As I depart this game, I would make a few observations. AO was a great game, easy to play, difficult to master. This new bloated kluge AoC3 is not. For those of you who do make the transition I want you to think about the culture. There is an inner group and then everyone else. Many players, old-timers, who the rest of you may think are good players, simply benefit from an inside track of expected behaviors and arranged outcomes, and quiet deals. Some of you newer players may wonder: you think you play well but can’t make progress, it’s the unofficial inner group. That I beat all these guys and got into the top ten in the teeth of their resistance does more than just magnify my reputation, it shows that it can be done. And it scares them, shaking up their comfortable little arrangements. And brief review of some players follows.

Exeklopman: he’s a good player, with a good smart alecy sense of humor. He keeps his deals, but he doesn’t give nuthin away. If he grabs a province near you, away from his core, he is going to hit you.
Fodder: he is a good player and fair minded, but he is part of the inner group and will never take action against them.

ImmLagging/Noblemaster: it’s hard to wear two hats, not everyone does it well.

JHAG is a great guy and player

KingHoward (the real one:) for all his bluster he is one of the fairest old timers, keeps his word. Kill him early or you’ll be sorry. If he grabs a province near you, away from his core, he is going to hit you too.

Lucjan: he is very partial, partisan and cannot be trusted. He will lie to satisfy his ego and noblemaster will not take any action. Very much inner group! Don’t take his caustic remarks to heart, he really is **** like that to very many. Address issues to Fodder, KH, or Risen.

Mihelm: is a great guy and player and very forthcoming.

Mikmik is a good guy, and very good player. He’s very literal and inflexible.

Oscar243: is dishonest, inconsistent, and can rationalize anything he wants to do. He is unimaginative but tenacious.

Sinnertaint aka QueenMissy: overhyped, and the greatest beneficiary of the inner group dealings. He has many many inner group supporters who line up to toss his salad. Guaranteed non aggression from inner group players is his most valuable benefit, much like welfare. He is either at your throat or at your feet. However, having beaten him thrice, here’s a tip: he doesn’t usually guard his king well, because he is extremely offensively oriented.

TotalLoss: watch out for him as he tends to delusion, hysteria, and overreaction. You also cannot trust him when he is embarrassed or inconvenienced. He’s inner group. Ignore his torrent of words, they usually make no sense to outsiders.

Wodan, Mercer, Skywatcher, and Messiannic: you can rely on them to keep their word, don’t expect friendliness to translate to action however.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justinian the Great
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2010, 08:02 
Knight
Knight
User avatar

Joined: 12 Jul 2007, 15:10
Posts: 2212
Location: Aevum Obscurum
Arrogant and delusional to the end. The game will be better without you.

And regardless of how much you think so, I am not noblemaster, nor is he me. We are 2 separate people living in 2 different states. Beyond a few emails discussing various aspects of the game, I don't even know the guy. And I love how you basically slam your former clan mates.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justinian the Great
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2010, 09:50 
Knight
Knight
User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2008, 11:39
Posts: 1321
Hm :roll:
It seems that you forget that is a war and diplomaty game.
Not just a war game.
So the "expected behaviors and arranged outcomes" is something that's completly part of the game.
Your reputation is based on your skill power, your diplomaty managementk, and your rating.
If you kick some *ss; theses won't attack you again.
If you help someone, he will certainly help you in a futur game.
If you have a impressive rating, most of players who don't know you will consider it may better to choose to attack someone else.

Falk has proved that high rating can be reach only by kicking noobs in standard game.
According to me the most amazing performance done in this game was SellSword's one who without no clan to help him has succeed to win near everything and break the 2600 points in 22 games played.
He was building his victories by a strategical vision of expansion linked to a really active diplomaty. I have seen him won a euro 8 in 13 or 14 turns without fight anyone :gott:
I don't know about your skill power, but i guess people will remember you more cause of your arrogance than cause of it, it's possible to be consider by the communauty as a great fighter without needed to claim it everywhere, don't think you've ever heard someone telling that XCalibur, Rezso or Revol was not that good ;)
I've fight against near all theses players you mention, i've won really more often than i've lost.
But hat don't allow me to come and to give good and bad point.
There are several way to have fun with this game.
Your point is plenty of frustration and anger, why ? i don't know and i don't care.
Leave the game if you want spare us the grudge.

_________________
Image
..............Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justinian the Great
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2010, 11:34 
Game Developer
Game Developer
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2005, 02:34
Posts: 8531
Location: Honolulu
All the best to you Justinian! I'm not ImLagging though.

_________________
play: Age of Conquest IV


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justinian the Great
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2010, 12:24 
Merchant
Merchant

Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 11:05
Posts: 209
Justinian's analysis was one of the best I ever read about the AO Mafia. Calling them the "inner circle" is quite good an expression. Using the word "resistance" adds a humorous touch to the statement. It's just a pity that he did not know Oscar before he became a Mob player.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justinian the Great
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2010, 11:32 
Knight
Knight
User avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2007, 03:52
Posts: 2874
Yawn. :kaffee2:

_________________
Image

This is the **** internet! :x I will behave any way I damn well please! ~Anonymous


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justinian the Great
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2010, 16:56 
Investigator
Investigator
User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2008, 18:23
Posts: 3831
Location: Planet Earth, most of the time.
I only played about 29 rated games and I got mentioned. Wow, I didn't think anyone was paying any attention to me.

I did notice that claymore, TravisII, bendamaster and falk333 were not mentioned.

People in the past have come and gone and returned again. All for various reasons. So Justinian, if you're still around reading this. I have to ask: Any chance of you coming back?

Also, you sort of indicated that you didn't care for AoC3 as the reason for your departure. AoC3 still have many features due out in the up coming releases. Perhaps in 6-12 months you might want to try it again, after some of the new features have come out and perhaps some tweaking of the numbers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justinian the Great
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2010, 23:21 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 23:22
Posts: 3394
lucjan wrote:
Yawn. :kaffee2:

I should delete that, like you deleted Klam's yawn in another thread for no reason. Yes, I noticed. Please don't delete posts unless they are spam or contain malicious content. Deleting posts because you do not agree with them is not proper moderator conduct. :happyx:

fodder wrote:
I did notice that claymore, TravisII, bendamaster and falk333 were not mentioned.

Among many many more. Why would he mention those 4 specifically?

_________________
This is the internet! Doesn't mean you are required to be an ***.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justinian the Great
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 06:18 
Knight
Knight
User avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2007, 03:52
Posts: 2874
I thought about responding with something meaningful, but because you've got this completely nonproductive grudge against me and you're basically biased against anything I have to say, I figured I'd just shorten the whole process for us both with some active looking emots.

Me: :kaffee2:
Travis: :motz:

Me: :roll:
Travis: :motz: :motz:

Continue ad nauseum.

_________________
Image

This is the **** internet! :x I will behave any way I damn well please! ~Anonymous


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justinian the Great
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 11:30 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 23:22
Posts: 3394
You are incorrect. I have been meaning to bring it up to you, and what other perfect chance like this would I have? Please do not delete posts just because you do not agree with them. I am being completely neutral here. If I were taking into effect my grudge, I'd be saying much more.

_________________
This is the internet! Doesn't mean you are required to be an ***.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justinian the Great
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2010, 14:30 
Merchant
Merchant

Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 11:05
Posts: 209
lucjan wrote:
I thought about responding with something meaningful, but because you've got this completely nonproductive grudge against me and you're basically biased against anything I have to say, I figured I'd just shorten the whole process for us both with some active looking emots.

Me: :kaffee2:
Travis: :motz:

Me: :roll:
Travis: :motz: :motz:

Continue ad nauseum.


It's nauseam. :klugscheisser:
And the more likely emoticons on something you say (cause there is nothing you have to say) are :???: , :irre: , :crazy: , :pssst: and :furz: ).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justinian the Great
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2010, 12:42 
Knight
Knight
User avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2007, 03:52
Posts: 2874
Look, it's a flaming troll! I wonder why that doesn't get deleted by our oh-so impartial "uber" mod. :roll:

_________________
Image

This is the **** internet! :x I will behave any way I damn well please! ~Anonymous


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justinian the Great
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2010, 13:29 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 23:22
Posts: 3394
Who? Where? I don't see anything worse than the normal things that are said between bickering members. In fact, it's no worse than other posts in this thread. Our priority is to find peace, not delete posts and agitate the situation. When peaceful attempts fail, the thread gets locked.

_________________
This is the internet! Doesn't mean you are required to be an ***.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justinian the Great
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2010, 20:25 
Investigator
Investigator
User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2008, 18:23
Posts: 3831
Location: Planet Earth, most of the time.
TravisII wrote:
fodder wrote:
I did notice that claymore, TravisII, bendamaster and falk333 were not mentioned.

Among many many more. Why would he mention those 4 specifically?

Well, because Justinian made mention of certain people and from his list. I thought he would have had something to say about them too. Why you ask. Because his list mostly focused on those who assist Noble Master Games (designer, investigators, map makers) and a few who have clashed with him.
1) Claymore is very helpful on the forum and is a good player but wasn't mentioned. If I got mention, I just thought he would have made the list as well since he's been around a lot longer than I.
2) TravisII one of the most active speakers on the forum and apart of the Noble Master Games's volunteer staff. Since Justinian included noblemaster and the investigators I thought he would have also have included the Uber Mod.
3) Bendamaster, fairly active on the forum, good player, and apart of Noble Master Game's volunteer staff.
4) falk333, since I've joined AO, AoC and now AoC version 3. Just about everyone has something to say about falk333. I think, he just might be the most talked about person on the forum. Therefore, I found it odd there was no comment about him. No disrespect to Martinus, it's just my opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Justinian the Great
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2010, 20:48 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 23:22
Posts: 3394
I was just curious why those four. I didn't know a whole lot about Justinian, never had a problem with him myself.

_________________
This is the internet! Doesn't mean you are required to be an ***.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Green Smilies by http://www.greensmilies.com/

Home  |  Forums  |  Twitter  |  Dev. Blog  |  About  |  Contact